Class survey on Britishness





This week the Brighton class has traveled to Abindgon where they had the chance to interact with local people living in this beautiful English town in Oxfordshire and interview them for our class survey on British culture.

The day before the field trip the students talked about aspects of the British culture, prepared interesting questions to put in the survey and learned how to confidently approach people on the street, politely ask them permission to be interviewed and also recorded.

Although we woke up to a typical rainy morning in Oxfordshire all the students were very excited about the field trip and at the end of it these were some of the comments they made:

'The best thing about the trip to Abingdon was talking to the locals and asking questions about the British culture. It was a new experience for me, something I had never done in Turkey.' Zehra from Turkey

'I really enjoyed the trip to Abingdon because we interviewed people from the town' Gaia from Italy

' The best thing about the Abingdon trip was the opportunity to interact and interview authentic British people.' Jorge from Colombia


' Sometimes it's so strange how things go so naturally when it comes to making new friends. On Saturday, in Abingdon, I made a new friend, a local kid riding a bike and wearing the biggest helmet I've ever seen in my life given the fact that he was my age and more or less my size :-). I took lots of photos of the stunts he was doing on his bike, and also interviewed him for our class survey.' Massimiliano from Italy










Comments