Visiting an authentic British Tea House




This week, the Brighton class visited an authentic Tea Room in Abingdon. For most of our students this has been their first time trying English tea and they all loved it. Eren, from Turkey, who is used to drinking tea as part of his daily routine back in his country, was very keen on trying some British blend this time with milk. To put it in his own words, he absolutely loved it! This was an opportunity for most of them to learn some interesting things about English tea, about the history of Rosie's gorgeous Tea Room in Abingdon and most of all, taste different kinds of tea in such an authentic British way. 

Here is what our students had to say about their day out at the Tea Room:

' I really enjoyed drinking tea in an old tea room full of history in itself' Barbie from Kazakhstan

'Turkish people love drinking tea but in Abingdon I tried something new - tea with milk. I knew it was a tradition in England and I wanted to try it very much so I am very happy about our excursion' Eren from Turkey

'I am not much of a tea fan but tea in Abingdon was actually pretty refreshing! I also thought the architecture of the village was very eye appealing. Amazing experience.' Sebastian from Colombia

' From my point of view, one of the moments I enjoyed the most was when we were drinking tea and chatting with each other.' Blanca from Spain


A huge 'thank you' to our skilled photographer Sebastian Pinilla Plata for all the beautiful photos.











Comments